- 110 cards (42 production and 68 violet buildings)
- 1 governor placard (indicates the starting player)
- 5 role placards (builder, producer, trader, councillor, and prospector)
- 5 trading house tiles (with different goods' prices)
- 1 scoring pad & 1 pencil (to record victory points)
The players select a s tarting player using any method they want. He takes the governor placard. Place the 5 role placards next to each other in the middle of the table.
Shuffle the 5 trading house tiles face down and place them in a stack face down next to the trader placard. …