|Players:|| 1-6 players|
|Playing time:|| 120 minutes|
Official Site: Age of Steam on Eggrules
Created by: Martin Wallace, Sean Brown, Peter Dennis, Paul Niemeyer
Published by: Warfrog Games, Arclight, CZ Cloud Soft Co. Ltd
Alternate Names: 蒸気の時代, 蒸汽時代, 에이지 오브 스팀
Steam-belching iron horses roar across the wild plains! Age of Steam relives the era when pioneering U.S. railroads built the tracks that transformed America's economy. The cut-throat action is centered on the industrial powerhouses of the growing nation: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Chicago, and beyond.
Challenges that await you:
- Can you finance both the most extensive track network and the most powerful locomotives?
- Which routes will give the best returns on their costs?
- Can you beat the opposition to the most lucrative shipments?
- Will you make enough money to pay your aggressive creditors?
Competition is brutal, with the game usually going to the player who plans most carefully.
Each self-contained phase in the game keeps players constantly involved in making vital decisions and interacting with other players. Age of Steam also allows towns to be developed into cities, ensuring that no two games are exactly the same.
Age of Steam Expansion #1: England & Ireland
Age of Steam Expansion #2: Western US and Germany
Age of Steam Expansion #3: Scandinavia and Korea
Age of Steam Expansion #4: France and Italy
Tric Trac Nominee 2003
International Gamers Awards - General Strategy; Multi-player Winner 2003
International Gamers Awards - General Strategy; Multi-player Nominee 2003
Meeples' Choice Award 2002
Check these Posts:
- 1 Game Board
- 1 Goods/ Actions display
- 1 Income Track display
- 8 Town disks (white)
- 136 hexagonal Track tiles
- 8 hexagonal New City tiles (1 red, 1 blue, 1 purple, 1 yellow, 4 black)
- 96 Goods cubes (20 red, 20 blue, 20 purple, 20 yellow, 16 black)
- 6 sets of Track Ownership Locomotives, (red, green, yellow, purple, blue, black, 20 of each)
- 6 sets of Player disks, (red, green, yellow, purple, blue, black, 5 of each)
- 40 $1 bills
- 40 $5 bills
- 10 $10 bills
- 1 Turn Track marker
- 6 dice
- 1 Black Cloth Bag
Lay out the game board. Place the following items next to the game board: Goods/Actions display, Income Track display, Money, New City tiles, Dedicated Town Track tiles, and 8 Town disks. …
Links for Age of Steam
Check also these board games: