Plundering Player Captains
If you defeat a player in Crew Combat (regardless of who initiated the boarding), you may take the player's:
- Gold on board
- Glory Cards
- Cargo Cards
- Rumor Card
- Special Weapons
- Ship (see claiming ships)
Any employed "Specialists" can be transferred to your ship at no cost. Discard any specialists you can't (or don't want to) employ. If the player was a pirate, you get a reward based on how many bounties the defeated player had.
Any Mission Card the player may have had is discarded.
Plundering Naval Ships
When you win Crew Combat against a Naval ship (no matter who initiated the boarding) you:
- Draw 3 Cargo Cards and get an amount of Gold equal to the Plunder Value on the drawn cards.
- Randomly discard a Cargo Card for each hit the Naval ship took to its cargo. The remaining goods are yours to keep.
- Keep the ship, if you wish.
Plundering NPC Pirates
The pirate Frigate and Sloop have no cargo or Gold onboard. However, if you are a non-pirate and you defeat a pirate ship (sink it or win Crew Combat), you get a Gold reward.
- 5 Gold for defeating a Sloop
- 15 Gold for defeating a Frigate
When you win a boarding battle over an NPC or Player, you may discard your current ship and claim the one you fought. You may transfer: Cargo, Special Weapons, Gold and all your cards freely to the new ship. However, Ship Modifications cannot be transferred.